Re: finding files not visited

From: XeCycle
Subject: Re: finding files not visited
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 18:53:44 +0800

Andrea Crotti <andrea.crotti.0@gmail.com> writes:

> On 09/14/2011 12:41 PM, Filipp Gunbin wrote:
>> I didn't understand what is your idea/suggestion, but I work
>> with large amount of Java files this way: 1. Open a dired
>> buffer for each project (Maven module in my case) 2. Set dired
>> switches (C-u s) to contain -R so it outputs all files
>> recursively 3. Use file name incremental search (C-s) to find
>> what I want. I also have (setq dired-isearch-filenames t) in
>> .emacs for it to be more convenient. Filipp
>
> I'm happily using this solution actually :)
>
> The only problem is that I would like to enable it globally, but
> only when the actual number of subdirectories is not huge,
> otherwise it takes forever...
>
> I can't find, however, a variable to set up to give a limit of
> maximum sub-directories to open...
> Or how can I achieve that?

Indeed I think it would bother you more if you enabled it globally.  It
may seem better to bind a key to include `-R' in the ls switches, if you
find adding it manually painful.

Perhaps you can write your own function to toggle the existence of `-R'
in `dired-ls-switches', and if it don't work immediately, try
`revert-buffer'.

--
Carl Lei (XeCycle)
Department of Physics, Shanghai Jiao Tong University