Re: optional packages on startup?

From: Perry Smith
Subject: Re: optional packages on startup?
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 07:13:00 -0500

On Jul 26, 2011, at 3:33 AM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

Am 26.07.2011 um 08:42 schrieb Jai Dayal:

Since I have to ssh into a proxy, and then into the main server, there's a
bit of latency for emacs to start up.

Create a SIMPLE (or basic) init file and launch GNU Emacs as 'emacs -l SIMPLE.el'. A shell alias can help to reduce typing.

My suggestion is to leave a "server" emacs running and then just attach to it when you ssh over.  See emacsclient for more details (or ask this list).

Basic, n.:
A programming language. Related to certain social diseases in that those who have it will not admit it in polite company.

Java, n.:
  The new Basic