Re: about colors

From: Richard Riley
Subject: Re: about colors
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 19:04:22 +0200

sergio <mailbox@sergio.spb.ru> writes:

> Hello.
>
> I'm newbie in emacs and my first problem is colors. I don't like default
> colors. Moreover I think, that background-mode light is better for dark
> background, than background-mode dark. I've seen color-theme mode, but no one
> theme from it I liked and it is standalone mode. I want to make my own theme.
> As I understand I just need to define font-lock-*-face and some more colors.
> (As in http://alexpogosyan.com/color-theme-creator/). But how to find all
> color
> that I should define? What is the right way for creating theme for emacs?

just an fyi, I would give a word of caution here : faces are or can be
very hairy places to be especially for someone new to emacs;) There are
quite a few themes available with the color-theme package -
subtle-hacker ( I think it is) was nice for me, but recently I dumped
that color-theme sw completely and now use the excellent naquadah-theme
which can show you what to do if you want to make your own:-

http://git.naquadah.org/?p=naquadah-theme.git;a=summary

At the very least this will give you some idea of the scale of the task!

Best of luck

regards

r.