Re: Emacs starter kit - disabled menus

From: Marco Parrone
Subject: Re: Emacs starter kit - disabled menus
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 20:01:30 -0000

flebber <flebber.crue@gmail.com> writes:

> I decided to use emacs starter kit to get myself using emacs rather
> than just trying to configure it. However after installing the emacs
> starter kit all the menu's are gone, is there anyway to reinstate the
> menu's?
>
> Sayth

If you find some code like:
  (menu-bar-mode -1)
  (tool-bar-mode -1)
  (scroll-bar-mode -1)

then delete it.

Else add this at the bottom of you ~/.emacs :
  (menu-bar-mode)
  (tool-bar-mode)
  (scroll-bar-mode)

I agree with the advice of Stefan anyway.

--
Marco Parrone <marco@marcoparrone.com>
PGP Key fingerprint = 5E21 BED2 BF47 B3FB F17F  1DB4 D9BE B2B7 3C3A 07E2