Re: auto-complete

From: Andrea Crotti
Subject: Re: auto-complete
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 19:26:19 +0200

dgiglio@iol.it (daniele.g) writes:

> I've started using auto-complete.el while editing my C++ sources, it's
> great... when auto completions occur. I mean, it seems it works only
> with a per session db, when I start a new file it starts over with an
> empty set of symbols to fill in again, and it's quite annoying.
> Is there any way to keep the symbols between sessions. Or, better, make
> AC scan my lib path to have a complete set of symbols once for all.
>
> Thanks in andvance.

I think there are better ways to complete C++ code than auto-complete.
You should try to setup some tags or even better manage to get cedet
working correctly.

So you would get a nice intelligent completion and much more...

--
GNU Emacs 24.0.50.2 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.22.0)
 of 2011-04-22 on plaetekopp