Re: Git never commits, Magit never pushes

From: PJ Weisberg
Subject: Re: Git never commits, Magit never pushes
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2011 13:51:38 -0700

On 4/2/11, Ian Barton <lists@manor-farm.org> wrote:

> I can push OK with magit here. Using Ubuntu 10.10. Don't use git.el, so

This appears to be Magit bug #154 [1], which doesn't appear under
GNU/Linux unless you're doing something unusual.

I use the native Windows build when I'm not on Debian, but since
Cygwin may be different you could try evaluating:

(setq magit-process-connection-type (not magit-process-connection-type))

And if that helps post back with the value of
magit-process-connection-type that worked.

Incidently, if anyone reading this is using Magit on Windows and can
do things that require you to enter a password, I'd like to know how
it's set up.

[1] https://github.com/philjackson/magit/issues/154

-PJ