Re: Gnus with SSL on Windows 7

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Gnus with SSL on Windows 7
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 11:55:11 -0500

On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 10:11:23 +0100 Deniz Dogan <deniz.a.m.dogan@gmail.com>
wrote:

DD> Thanks, I was finally able to figure it out.  The section "For
DD> the impatient" could do with some improvement though, e.g. by
DD> mentioning early on where the user can install cp.exe and other
DD> coreutils.  Maybe I'll write a patch for it some day.

Excellent!  The ChangeLog portion will probably fail (the Bazaar
ChangeLog merge plugin may help, but honestly ChangeLogs are just a
pain) but the rest of the patch should apply cleanly.

With the patch, you *need* to (require 'gnutls) in your .emacs or
.gnus.el before any connections are made.  That's it; all network
connections using SSL or opportunistic TLS should automatically use the
C suppport through proto-stream.el magic.  Set `gnutls-log-level' to 1
or higher to see what's happening in *Messages*, especially the
certificate and hostname validation.

I'd love to know if you notice any unusual behavior on W32.

Sorry about the EAGAIN error repeated thousands of times, I've asked
Claudio to fix it (you can remove it from gnutls.c yourself, of course).

Ted