RE: Newbie help

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Newbie help
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 12:19:04 -0800

> when I use de C-x Del command to kill to the beggining of
> the sentence, it open directory listing instead.

Sounds like it's bound to `list-directory' or `dired'.  Those are typically
bound to `C-x C-d' and `C-x d' instead.  `DEL' is typically the Backspace key.

I suggest you file a bug report if `C-x DEL' is not bound correctly:

M-x report-emacs-bug

> How do I make myself sure that the key bindings are the default ones ?

`C-h k C-x DEL' will tell you what the key is bound to.

If you start emacs with the -Q option then you are sure to be getting the
default key bindings.