Re: # in carbon emacs on OSX?

From: Harald Hanche-Olsen
Subject: Re: # in carbon emacs on OSX?
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2011 18:55:13 +0100

[Matthew Vernon <matthew@debian.org>]

> I've installed the latest emacs release (23.2.1) on OSX.

Possibly these might work:

(setf mac-command-modifier 'meta)
(setf mac-option-modifier nil)

If it does, the command key becomes meta and the option key is left to
do what the OS usually thinks it should. But this is highly dependent on
what emacs you have. Just 23.2.1 is insufficient information. Do you
really mean carbon emacs? I haven't used that in ages.

  -- Bertrand Russell