How to open two or more scratch buffers ?

From: bolega
Subject: How to open two or more scratch buffers ?
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 13:26:30 -0800 (PST)

(1) I want to compare two or three files (compare-windows) but I dont
want to save them in files, only as scratch buffers. C-x 2 replicates
the same buffer in two different windows.

Suppose the above is solved, then how to have a nice key binding if
there is no pre-existing one as I dont want to deviate from the normal
defaults, but only on these few occasions.

(2) In a newer emacs version, when I start emacs, it opens

*GNU Emacs*

as normal but on hitting return, does not clear the buffer and tells
me its readonly. which is really automatically switching to the
scratch buffer on hitting any key or hitting return.

How to do solve tthe two ?

Thanks