How to improve the readability of (any) LISP or any highlevel functional

From: girosenth
Subject: How to improve the readability of (any) LISP or any highlevel functional language to the level of FORTH ?
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 23:04:24 -0800 (PST)

How to improve the readability of (any) LISP or any highlevel
functional language to the level of FORTH ?

There are many people who have trivia complaints about parens in lisp,
but I dont.

LISP is a prefix notation.

sequence of operations would look like this on operands (ops) :

(f ops (g ops (h ops (j ops (k ops (l ops ))...))))

How do you make it readable ?
How do you home to the center or centers ?

(f (g (h (j (k (l ops)))...)))

is easy to read or

ops l k j h g f

???

Which is linear reading from L->R ? LISP or FORTH ?

AND, if I must break the nested function structure, will I not be
visiting the forbidden territory of imperative programming ?

(setq L (l ops))
(setq K (k L  ))
(setq F (f G  ))

If I use setq, I am using globals, atleast in elisp.

If I use let*, I have limited options as I am constrained inside the
rigid structure of let*

(let*
  ((L (l ops))
   (K (k L  ))
   (F (f G  )))

some more
)

Is there a postfix functional language that also gets rid of parens
and is not as primitive as FORTH or POSTSCRIPT ?

What are the syntax advantages of ERLANG, ML, CAML, OCAML, HASKELL,
PROLOG, RUBY over LISP ?

How does one improve readability so that the code is self-commenting ?

girosenth