Re: c/c++ project management and debugging

From: Andrea Crotti
Subject: Re: c/c++ project management and debugging
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 12:38:48 +0100

Elena <egarrulo@gmail.com> writes:

> Indeed it is, and in fact I've not said that.  I've said:
>
> IDEs are more effective than editors for software development ->
> Emacs ships as an editor, not as an IDE ->
> Building an IDE on top of Emacs is a time-consuming and wheel-
> reinventing task ->
> Thuse: use an IDE, and effortlessly switch back and forth it and Emacs
> if you like.
>
> I don't understand why some Emacs users seem to think that every other
> program can be a tool to Emacs, whilst using Emacs as a tool of a more
> comprehensive environment is "blasphemy".

- It ships by default with org-mode/calc/games and another thousand
  things that are not normally in one text editor, who told you it was
  shipping as an editor?

- the time consumed is not yours anyway and for many people is very
  useful. The fact that all the other IDE stinks is of course a plus ;)

- of course, switching back and forth on different programs is veeeeeery
  productive ;)