Re: c/c++ project management and debugging

From: Andrea Crotti
Subject: Re: c/c++ project management and debugging
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 14:47:46 +0100

Rajinder Yadav <devguy.ca@gmail.com> writes:

> up to now i've been using emacs for ruby on rails, i want to get setup
> so i can also do c/c++ development
>
> i come from a visualstudio ide background for c++ stuff, how can I
> setup emacs to integrate the gnu tool chain, such that i can have
> emacs generate makefiles and do the builds
>
> also how can i get a gui like ide gdb setup for debugging code

Why, does visualstudio integrates with the gnu tool chain :O?
I guess not, but that's what I understood from your sentences...

Anyway with Cedet you can do a lot of stuff.
It doesn't however generats any makefile, but if you learn to write them
is not time wasted at all...

Gdb integration works quite well already, the only important parameter
for gdb imho is (setq gdb-many-windows t)

and then just try something you'll see if you like it.