RE: diff-mode

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: diff-mode
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 08:06:54 -0800

> Ok thanks a lot I'll do it.
> BUT I only experience this with my configuratio as I said.
> If I do Emacs -Q I don't have this problem, so I'm not 100%
> sure that I should send a bug report until I didn't find the source...

You can provide info on your configuration in the bug report. Of course, if you
can narrow it down to a small part of your configuration, that will help.

Look for things in your config such as non-nil `pop-up-frames'.  Look for
whatever you think you might have done that causes Ediff to use a separate frame
for its control window.

The general rule for narrowing down your config to find a problem cause is to
use binary search: remove/comment-out half of your init file, then 3/4, then
7/8,... until you find the part that provokes the error.  Binary search is very
quick.