emacsclient ... again

From: Stinky Wizzleteet
Subject: emacsclient ... again
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:36:36 -0000

Hya,

I would really like to run my emacs as a daemon and connect to it at
will with the gtk emacs. (emacs 23 and 24)

I can start the daemon fine on linux, on win it fails claiming it is not
supported on the platform, oh well.
Connecting to it with emacsclient is a mixed bag though, the terminal
version works like expected, but the gtk version only works when opening
a new file like thus: "emacsclient foo", however, if I try this:
"emacsclient -c" which I'd like to do I got bupkus, nothing.

Moreover, when I close the window, the daemon is still alive, but gets
killed the next time I try to connect to it, I know, strange huh ?

So I'd like to know what the deal is really, is the emacs server mode a
bit of a pipe dream ?

thx
wzzl
--
Stinky Wizzleteet thinks:
You're currently going through a difficult transition period called "Life."