Re: line-move-visual

From: Evans Winner
Subject: Re: line-move-visual
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:14:10 -0000

,------ Thad Floryan wrote ------
|   Your opinion which neither I nor 100,000s of others
|   share -- you stand alone.

Not alone.  I've read similar advice in the past.

What I would like to try is a situation in which holding
down SPC and then hitting something else causes SPC to act
like Control.  But if nothing is hit along with SPC then it
sends a Space character on key-up.  Obviously this would
have the drawback that one could not get repeated spaces by
holding down the space key, but I would like to at least
experiment with it.  I don't know if it is possible to map
the keys that way, though.  I've looked into it a bit, but
not figured it out.

Failing that, I do use Caps-Lock and Control swapped and
have for some time.  It doesn't seem terribly harmful to me.
The idea of palming the Control key is interesting, but it
seems as if it would require tiny hands to really do
comfortably.  For me, I do have to move my hands awkwardly
from the home row to do that, whereas I don't really have to
move from the home row to hit the key to the left of `A'.
Maybe it was all the piano playing back in the day, but my
fifth finger moves the slight bit sideways pretty fluently.