Re: line-move-visual

From: Thad Floryan
Subject: Re: line-move-visual
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:14:08 -0000

On 6/15/2010 3:45 PM, Xah Lee wrote:
> On Jun 15, 3:27 pm, Thad Floryan <t...@thadlabs.com> wrote:

>>> Except that pressing control-key for that long with your pinky is a
>>> health risk!
>>> [...]
>> That's why remapping the [Caps Lock] to be a [Ctrl] is very useful.
>>

> swapping Caps Lock with Ctrl is not good.
>
> • Why You Should Not Swap Caps Lock With Control
>   http://xahlee.org/emacs/swap_CapsLock_Ctrl.html
> [...]

Your opinion which neither I nor 100,000s of others share -- you stand alone.

A [Ctrl] to the left of [A] is natural and what I've been using since the
mid-1960s with absolutely NO problems or RSI whatsoever beginning with a
TTY ASR33 and continuing with a Datapoint 3300, DEC VT100, Datamedia DT80
and others along the way to today.

Mapping and using the [Caps Lock] as a [Ctrl] to the immediate left of [A]
is no different than the ["] to the immediate right of [;] re: pinkies.

The (dumb) PC standard of a [Ctrl] key at the lower-left of a keyboard is
ridiculous and WILL cause pinky problems if one uses Emacs as an editor and
bash as a shell.