Re: TAB button behavior in C mode and PHP mode

From: Torsten Mueller
Subject: Re: TAB button behavior in C mode and PHP mode
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 06:58:48 +0100

Alexander Stepanov <darkdrip@gmail.com> wrote:

> When I edit code in C mode or PHP mode and make additional indentation
> using TAB Emacs doesn't input this tabs. I need to switch to text
> mode, make this indentation and switch back. How to do indentation
> without this switching?

I have the following lines in my .emacs:

(custom-set-variables

 '(c-backspace-function (quote backward-delete-char))
 '(c-syntactic-indentation nil)

)

I also set some keys over all modes, belong them the tab key:

(global-set-key [tab]                   'tab-to-tab-stop)

This solves the very most of this incommoded, superfluous behaviour.

T.M.