Re: condition-case

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: condition-case
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2010 08:41:01 -0600

On Mon, 06 Dec 2010 21:34:10 +0100 "Pascal J. Bourguignon"
<pjb@informatimago.com> wrote:

PJB> First, you should forget about condition-case, and use instead
PJB> handler-case.

PJB> On the other hand, while I would find it valuable make emacs lisp more
PJB> of a Common Lisp, at one time you have to make the jump and be Common
PJB> Lisp.  Bar that, there is emacs-cl (http://www.lisp.se/emacs-cl/), a
PJB> Common Lisp implementation written in emacs lisp, which unfortunately
PJB> would need some love, but which allows to write emacs commands in Common
PJB> Lisp.  And there are the various emacsen written in Common Lisp, but
PJB> they would need either an implementation of emacs lisp to benefit from
PJB> emacs legacy code, or a static tool to translate from emacs lisp to
PJB> Common Lisp.

PJB> It's not standard.
PJB> http://www.informatimago.com/develop/emacs/index.html

http://git.informatimago.com/viewgit/index.php?a=viewblob&p=public/emacs&h=1cad73d8b819b8c40be473626c479b4cbc24249f&hb=ec6d793e0f86dcda9a28387f0ab7abde6f770d71&f=pjb-cl.el

I wouldn't recommend handler-case to anyone without mentioning those
caveats.

I'd like to work on including it in GNU Emacs.  I'd rather have GNU
Emacs work the way I want, including CL compatibility, than switch
editors.  The CL environments I've seen are not as good as Emacs for my
needs.

Thanks
Ted