Re: Emacs for mail: VM - WL - GNUS

From: Elena
Subject: Re: Emacs for mail: VM - WL - GNUS
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:37:12 -0000

On Nov 22, 6:11 pm, Eric S Fraga <ucec...@ucl.ac.uk> wrote:
> I highly recommend gnus even though the learning curve is steep
> initially especially in terms of configuration (but, as already stated,
> you only need to do this once...).

You've forgotten to mention the steep learning curve means messing
with your mailbox too, possibly deleting some mails from your server.
Yeah, I know the Unix way: steep learning curve and shooting in your
own foot all the way to achieve even basic tasks.  Every mail client
I've tried just asks you about your mail address and addresses of your
servers.  Gnus is not smart enough to do it.  Stay away from Gnus,
this is my advice.

> Wanderlust is nice but I moved back
> to gnus because the documentation is just so much more thorough
> (although it does take reading a few times due to the volume of
> capabilities).

Be more social: just ask.

Also consider Mew: http://www.mew.org/en/