RefTeX inserting citations in wrong place

From: N. Raghavendra
Subject: RefTeX inserting citations in wrong place
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:31:25 -0000

I am using the RefTeX package that comes with Emacs 24.0.50.1.  In a
LaTeX buffer if I do `C-c [' for inserting a citation it is placing the
citation in a wrong place.  For example, if I have the following text

Foo bar

\begin{thebibliography}{0123}
\bibitem[BT1]{BT1} N.~Bourbaki, \emph{General topology.  Chapters
    1--4}, Springer Verlag, Berlin, 1989.
\end{thebibliography}

in a buffer, and with point just after "bar", press `C-c [', the
citation is inserted at "\end{thebibliography}", like this:

\cite{BT1}\end{thebibliography}

and not next to "bar".  I would appreciate if someone can tell me a
solution to the problem.

Thanks and regards,
Raghavendra.

--