Re: How Do I Remove Text Properties?

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: How Do I Remove Text Properties?
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:30:04 -0000

Daniel Pittman <daniel@rimspace.net> wrote:
> Noah Lavine <noah.b.lavine@gmail.com> writes:

>> I recently yanked some text from the scratch buffer, which colored all
>> quoted text purple, to a text buffer, which does not do that. As a result,
>> when I began typing immediately after the quoted text (which was still
>> purple), the text I inserted was also purple. My question is, how do I
>> remove the text color?

> Select the region, and use M-x facemenu-remove-all RET to strip them.

Just as a matter of terminology, there is only one region, hence nothing
to select.  You surely mean _mark_ the region.  If you use "select" when
you really mean "mark", you're going to lose the ability to say "select a
buffer" (meaning C-x b) since this would be mixed up with "mark a buffer"
(meaning C-x h).

> I suspect there is a key binding, but I so seldom use the facility that
> I don't know where it is.

Me neither!

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).