Re: folding-mode question

From: tomer
Subject: Re: folding-mode question
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:29:50 -0000

On Sep 24, 9:13 am, Marc Mientki <mien...@nonet.com> wrote:
> Am 24.09.2010 02:17, schrieb tomer:

> >> I would simply switch to c-mode and see what happens.
>
> >> regards
> >> Marc
>
> > I have tried it is not practical.
> > the folding is great because it not language related.
>
> What would you say what is the benefit of code folding?
> I've never used folding. After I've tried this out I was so
> dissapointed. This was never interested to me. My "mystery
> theory" is that peole who advocate code folding never seen
> realy good text editor with superb navigation mechanism like
> Emacs. But maybe I'm wrong and I underrate code folding.
>
> regards
> Marc

I appreciate your comments  , I think more or lest like you , but
recently i got a task which basically maintain old code from other
programmers, in which the distande between the open and close statemn
could be several emacs pages,and have 5 or more hirarchy insisde. this
makes it difficult to trak , but i cant change code , i need only to
maintain it.
my solution is use fodling i dont know other solution to keep it easy
to track the code
Thanks
Tomer