vc-working-revision with git versus svn

From: Rainer M Krug
Subject: vc-working-revision with git versus svn
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 14:30:47 +0100

Hi

I migrated from svn to git, but I have one problem: in some documents, I
used vc-working-revision to identify the revision of the document. In
svn, this resulted in a number, through which I could keep different
revisions separate.
Under gi, it simply tells me "master" - is there anything I can do to
get something similar then the revision number in svn, which I can use
to retrieve the version from git?

Thanks,

Rainer