Re: Face differences between emacs-nox & windows-nt

From: Thomas Bulka
Subject: Re: Face differences between emacs-nox & windows-nt
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2010 17:14:50 +0200

"Gary" <help-gnu-emacs@garydjones.name> writes:

> Basically I have two versions - one the standard Windows emacs from
> ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/ and the other the Cygwin emacs - one
> "graphical" and one console. I have got most of my configuration working
> with both, only the faces (particularly the colours) aren't happily
> working with both.

Couldn't you load a color theme, depending on whether you start the GUI
or the terminal version of Emacs? If your main problem is the light
background of the standard graphical Emacs, this might work. Install
color-theme[1], choose a color theme with a dark background you like and
put in your .emacs something like:

(require 'color-theme)
(if (eq window-system 'w32)
  (color-theme-arjen))

This should load a color theme with a dark background if you start the
standard Windows Emacs. (Untested)

[1] http://www.nongnu.org/color-theme/