Re: Face differences between emacs-nox & windows-nt

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Face differences between emacs-nox & windows-nt
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2010 10:53:38 +0200

> From: "Gary" <help-gnu-emacs@garydjones.name>
> Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2010 10:13:35 +0200
>
> Basically I have two versions - one the standard Windows emacs from
> ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/ and the other the Cygwin emacs - one
> "graphical" and one console. I have got most of my configuration working
> with both, only the faces (particularly the colours) aren't happily
> working with both.

What exactly are the problems?  Your original question was about the
default faces, but now you seem to say that you have the faces
customized, and the results of those customizations are somehow
unsatisfactory.  Can you tell more details, or give a couple of
examples where the two versions don't behave as you'd like them to?

Basically, using identical face customizations should "just work",
both in the GUI version and in the text terminal version, except that
the latter has fewer colors to play with, so it will do its bets to
map colors to those it can use.  Also, the text terminal version
cannot use fonts of different sizes.