Re: Own programming language mode - syntax highlighting

From: Oleksandr Gavenko
Subject: Re: Own programming language mode - syntax highlighting
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 14:11:23 +0300

On 14.09.2010 13:29, Gary wrote:
Following Xah Lee's excellent tutorial, I have been able to get the
basics done - syntax highlighting, indentation, and so on. What I am
missing is a small part of the syntax highlighting related to variables.

Declarations work fine - for example
int x = 0
is correctly highlighted. What I can't work out how to do is to
highlight declared variables in the rest of the code, for example when I
later use x such as
x = x+1

Does anyone have any ideas? Ideally I'd like to only highlight those
variables I have really declared, not something that just looks like it
*might* be a variable, so I can see immediately if I've made a mistake
in my coding or typing.

As I know this is hard task for Emacs.

Code from CEDET  can understand syntax of file content based on
grammar description:

http://cedet.sourceforge.net/languagesupport.shtml

Nxml mode parse RelaX NG schema to find allowed tags and attributes
in XML files.

I also would like hear that done in this field for Emacs.