RE: delete-horizontal-space and NO-BREAK SPACE

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: delete-horizontal-space and NO-BREAK SPACE
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 15:11:20 -0700

> Thanks for the code but what I really wanted to know is how
> Emacs itself handles this. ...
> There is a function 'delete-horizontal-space' and I wanted to
> know if and how it applies to this specific 'space' also.

That's easy:

1. C-h f delete-horizontal-space RET

2. Click the link to the library (`simple.el' in this case) where the help text
says the function (`delete-horizontal-space' in this case) is defined.

That takes you directly to the definition of `delete-horizontal-space' (source
code).

> If nobody else points me to a already supported way of
> handling my case I'll follow Drews advise and pose the question
> to a wider audience.

You will see from its definition code that `delete-horizontal-space' does not
(yet) do what you want wrt non-breaking space. But you already knew that. ;-)