Re: More emacs instances

From: Memnon Anon
Subject: Re: More emacs instances
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 16:57:33 +0200

Andrea Crotti <andrea.crotti.0@gmail.com> writes:
> Memnon Anon <gegendosenfleisch@googlemail.com> writes:
[...]
>> I however really prefer to work in just one instance (with different
>> frames from time to time) and rather "fix" the parts that make emacs
>> feel unresponsive.
[...]
> Ah yes I like this solution also and yes sure I know gmane, I'm using
> it also now.
> Even though I'm still not able to use it very well.
> On many mailing lists it doesn't I can't post even if I'm subscribed...
> And I also use fetchmail for some servers and I like it a lot.

Having leafnode, i.e. a small local newsserver, made gnus much faster
for me; I am not sure if it is there on osx, though.

However, this is OT here, so if you have specific questions, lets go to
the gnus ml.

> Would you have an example of this configuration (even in private)?

Sure, I can give you anything I have in private.
However, although this is working for me, I am (most of the time) not
sure if I do "the right thing", so keeping it on list would be my
preferred way of interaction, so others can opt in and correct any
mistakes etc.

Memnon