Re: A "smaller" dired

From: Andrea Crotti
Subject: Re: A "smaller" dired
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2010 14:07:02 +0200

> I don't understand some of those questions (dunno what mm is etc.).
>
> I use Emacs frames the way most people use Emacs windows.

Mm was just related to the fact that (but maybe I'm wrong) is linux
where you can have crazy window managers (xmonad for example) that let
you do very interesting things with windows.

But as I see below there are ways also on windows.
It's a good idea I think, the only "problem" is that I like to have
emacs in fullscreen, it's less distracting in general.

[...]

> The number of frames that I want iconified corresponds well with the amount of
> desktop real estate I use for thumbnail frames.  At any time I of course have
> many additional buffers open that are not visible in any frame (thumbnail or
> otherwise).  And I can also iconify a frame normally (different keystroke),
> but
> I rarely do that.

Interesting thanks I'll give it a try.