Re: Keeping a small window smartly up-to-date

From: Andrea Crotti
Subject: Re: Keeping a small window smartly up-to-date
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2010 19:20:29 +0200

Andrea Crotti <andrea.crotti.0@gmail.com> writes:

> I would like to keep track of my TODO list with org-mode in every
> project.
>
> I've read all the docs about windows but I still have some doubts, I
> write it here because I think it could be useful...
>
> My idea is that after the frame is created:
> (by the way is this   (add-hook 'after-make-frame-functions 'full) for
> exmaple correct to set a function after emacs boot?)
>
>   (setq agenda-window (split-window-vertically -10))
>   ;; now open the right buffer in it
>   ;; set it as a dedicated window
>   ;; set the size fixed
>
> I create a small window, dedicate it to the org-mode agenda and set the
> size fixed.
>
> Then every time I switch buffer I check the active buffer, and run the
> appropriate update on the dedicated window.
>
> Could that work?
> Does it make sense?

Mm well still trying, now I use
(setq agenda-window (split-window-vertically -10))
;; move to it
(set-variable window-fixed-size t)
(set-window-dedicated-p (selected-window))

and apparently is fine, but some other things (like gnus or the org
agenda itself) still are able to remove that window!

How do I really make it fixed there then?
Thanks