Re: A mac keyboard under windows.

From: Defacta
Subject: Re: A mac keyboard under windows.
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 15:42:21 -0000

On 12 mar, 20:55, p...@informatimago.com (Pascal J. Bourguignon)
wrote:
> Defacta <box...@free.fr> writes:
> > I have a macbook and just installed Windows 7 on it for doing HTML/
> > JavaScript test on IE...
>
> > With Emacs, I can't access to keyboard shortcuts as "~" or "{".
> > When I am using Firefox for example I have to do ALT+CTRL+2 to have a
> > "~" but when I am under Emacs, when I do ALT+CTRL+2  I have the
> > message "C-M-é" is undefined".
>
> > How can I fix it to have access to macbook shortcuts ?
> > I think I must tell Emacs not to do consider "C-M"...how can I do
> > that ?
>
> Wrong keyboard map. Change keyboard map.
>
> AZERTY is not made for programmers, it's made for secretaries typing
> French letters.
>
> If you want to program, use an american QWERTY keyboard, where all the
> special characters used by the programming languages designed by
> american programmers using american QWERTY keyboards are easily
> accessible.
>
> Otherwise if you really insist on it, you can translate the mappings,
> with:
>
> (keyboard-translate ?\& ?\!)
> (keyboard-translate ?\é ?\~)
> (keyboard-translate ?\" ?\#)
>
> --
> __Pascal Bourguignon__

Bonjour,

Why would I get a british laptop if I can get a british keymap by
using keyboard-translate !
(keyboard-translate ?\é ?\~)
(keyboard-translate ?\§ ?\{)
(keyboard-translate ?\à ?\})
(keyboard-translate ?\è ?\|)
(keyboard-translate ?\ù ?\\)
(keyboard-translate ?\C-( ?\[)
(keyboard-translate ?\C-) ?\])
(keyboard-translate ?\FOOD ?\CHEESEBURGER)

Merci,
Vincent.