Re: Strange font / frame size problem makes emacs unusable.

From: Gaute Amundsen
Subject: Re: Strange font / frame size problem makes emacs unusable.
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 18:56:23 +0200

I wrote:
> Basically I moved a partition containing Ubuntu Karmic to another
> laptop, and booted right up.

Just trying to be succinct, but perhaps I should have spelled it out
more.

There is only one partition, and I moved it using gparted, ie. dd.
I other words, there should not be any changes except what I had to do
to get it to boot.

Snip from my post on ubuntuforums
"Old partition boots fine on new pc. What should have broken?"

Synopsis of steps:
Boot old laptop from cd. Connect new laptop disk using usb.
Partition in gparted, make new swap, then copy paste Karmic partition in
free space.
Fix grub using chroot, grub-install, update-grub
Put disk back. Boot. :)
Freeze up swapping a few times. Fix uuid for swap in fstab.
Fix swap uuid in /etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d/resume just in case.

Does this shed any new light on the issue?  *Hopefull* :)

Gaute