Re: Aquamacs Gnus - newsserver - how to configure

From: Joachim Kreimer-de Fries
Subject: Re: Aquamacs Gnus - newsserver - how to configure
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 00:45:52 +0100

Am 21.02.2010, 22:25 Uhr, schrieb Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa@web.de>:
Am 21.02.2010 um 20:06 schrieb Joachim Osnabryg:
 »Set the environment NNTPSERVER to the news server…«
 1. => How to set this environment?
  In your init file:
        (setenv "NNTPSERVER" "A string")

Danke, Peter,

that you work on MacOSX makes me hope, that you can give me further help.

What might be the init file you mean? Is it the init file of the OS, or of Aquamacs? What is it's name, where can I finde it?

Is
        (setenv "NNTPSERVER" "A string")

a line in this file, in which I have to type on the place of "A string" the address of the newsserver, let's say "news.gmane.org" or whatever? Or is is a command for terminal (but the syntax, beginning with a "(" does not look the like for me)?

Sorry for my ignorance,
joachim
--
MacBook Pro intel OSX 10.4.11 Tiger - Aquamacs Distribution 1.9
GNU Emacs 22.3.1 (i386-apple-darwin9.8.0, Carbon Version 1.6.0)