Re: Not all buffers shown in "Buffers" menu bar item

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Not all buffers shown in "Buffers" menu bar item
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 10:48:03 +0100

Am 22.01.2010 um 16:20 schrieb Denis Howe:

On Dec 11 2009, 9:35 am, bostjanv wrote:

emacs 23.1 on Ubuntu 9.10 and I noticed that not all
buffers are listed when menu bar item "Buffers" is clicked.

Same here.  Emacs 22 and 23 on Ubuntu 9.10.  I think this is an
instance of https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/emacs22/+bug/415101 .

This menu never showed all buffers, because there are GNU Emacs users that have more than a dozen buffers open... (and the upper limit of the number of open buffers in GNU Emacs is much larger than any screen area)

This menu is the bug. It might as well disappear.

--
Greetings

  Pete

The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is the day they start selling vacuum cleaners.
                                – Ernest Jan Plugge