Re: a minor problem with AUCTEX. Please help.

From: Porky Pig
Subject: Re: a minor problem with AUCTEX. Please help.
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 12:40:48 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 21, 2:54 pm, David Kastrup <d...@gnu.org> wrote:

> > It is almost two years since last release. I wonder if you see the
> > release of 11.86 soon.
>
> What do you expect from it?
>
> --
> David Kastrup

Well, the minimal requirement *I* would like to see in the next
release (or, at least, in the next available download) is the fixes of
some bugs considered sufficiently important. I don't know if the bug
I've mentioned in the beginning of this posting is considered as such,
but I find it quite annoying when after each compile error, when I
split the screen, the upper half, where the *.tex file should be, is
empty, so I have to read it from the buffer. Something which wasn't in
the whatever version of AUCTEX I used before.

Another, relatively minor problem I have encountered so far (I've been
only using the latest AUCTEX for about a week) is the following.
Suppose I put some formulas into \begin{align*}  \end{align*}
brackets. The formulas got highlighted with whatever color I like for
math. Now if later on I've decided to change align*, say, to gather*,
everything inside gets "un-highlighted" to a regular black color. Not
a big deal, but a bit annoying as well.

PPJ.