Re: Spell checking too slow on Emacs.app

From: Tom Dye
Subject: Re: Spell checking too slow on Emacs.app
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 06:11:08 -1000

On 2009-12-29 13:52:55 -1000, Leo <sdl.web@gmail.com> said:

On 2009-12-29 19:57 +0000, Tom Dye wrote:
Thanks Leo.  It helps to know the problem is beyond my control.
ispell is quick and fairly easy to use from the command line in case
you want to check spelling more than once a month.  It's a bit of a
hassle to remember to save the buffer before the spell check and then
revert the buffer after the check, but even with those steps its way
quicker than trying to check spelling within emacs.

global-auto-revert-mode might have a bit in this regard.

Best,
Leo

Thanks Leo. I appreciate the reference to global-auto-revert-mode. It makes the work-around more convenient. Tom
--
Tom Dye
T. S. Dye & Colleagues, Archaeologists, Inc.