Considering Using Org Mode, But Question First: Recurring To-Do's and Cu

From: Steve Revilak
Subject: Considering Using Org Mode, But Question First: Recurring To-Do's and Custom Agenda Views
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 10:55:00 -0500

From: Nocebic Meme <nocebicmeme@gmail.com>

I'm thinking of moving my organizational system needs over into org
mode, but I have a question first.

Let say I have a recurring to-do, such as 'daily exercise'

In org mode right now it would look like this:

* TODO daily exercise  :offline:
   DEADLINE: <2009-12-03 Thu .+1d>

Try treating `daily exercise' as a recurring event (as opposed to a
recurring TODO with a deadline).  Like this:

* daily exercise  :offline:
  <2009-12-03 Thu 07:00 +1d>

org-mode has different semantics for SCHEDULED, DEADLINE, and plain
active timestamps.  For a recurring event, you'll generally want to
use plain timestamps [1].  (Also, as a TODO, when would you mark it
`DONE'? :)

Steve

[1]
http://orgmode.org/manual/Deadlines-and-scheduling.html#Deadlines-and-scheduling