fontsize and auto-complete

From: andrea
Subject: fontsize and auto-complete
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 19:45:05 +0100

I activated auto-complete-mode which is very nice.
The problem is that on the little dell 10 it's painfully slow.
In emacs lisp mode it thinks really too much and that slows down my
typing a lot.

I think the problem is not easy to solve since there are so many
possible completions, but did you also notice the slowness?

By the way I can't configure it as I'd like.
Now it's configured like:
(how was the command to paste code?)

(global-auto-complete-mode t)           ;enable global-mode
;; (global-set-key "\M-/" 'ac-start)

(setq ac-auto-start 3)                  ;automatically start
(setq ac-override-local-map nil)        ;don't override local map

but it starts already from the first character not the first.
I guess this is one of the cases where a better threading would be nice,
that machine is not very powerful but it has 2 processors of 1.6Ghz, and
one sleeping all the time.

Thanks
Andrea