Re: Why my font setting changes?

From: Pascal J. Bourguignon
Subject: Re: Why my font setting changes?
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 10:43:49 +0100

Water Lin <WaterLin@ymail.invalid> writes:

> I need to open some Emacs windows for better editing performances. One
> for normal text editing and the other for ECB coding.
>
> But I don't know why my Emacs font changes when I use command
> M-x new-frame to open a new Emacs frame.
>
> I just don't like the font Emacs using for my new frame. How can I set
> this?

You need to set the default frame parameters:

(require 'cl)
(let ((font-cell (assoc 'font default-frame-alist)))
  (if font-cell
     (setf (cdr font-cell) "your-font")
     (setf default-frame-alist (acons 'font "your-font" default-frame-alist))))

Or just M-x customize-variable RET default-frame-alist RET

--
__Pascal Bourguignon__