Re: No filenames in Buffers menu

From: Peter Flynn
Subject: Re: No filenames in Buffers menu
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 21:43:04 +0000

Tim X wrote:

See also buff-menu+.el. I haven't tried to track changes in CVS Emacs, but it works fine in the Emacs 23 release
(23.1.1), as well as older versions.
That's very nice, thanks, but I'd still prefer to have my recent buffers in the Buffers menu like they always used
to be. I wonder why they took them away?
I guess (?) you're confirming that something has changed between Emacs 23.1.1
and the latest CVS Emacs in this regard. If so, `M-x report-emacs-bug'.

Even if it was a willful change, which is not certain, you can register your
opinion (e.g. request an option to get the old behavior back).

I'm running emacs 23 from CVS (updated Monday) and I'm not seeing this
behavior. I've noticed no difference in the buffer menu. Is it possible
the observed difference is a local site or .emacs customization?

I don't think so...it has the same bug even when I remove my .emacs file.

///Peter