Re: Greek fonts for emacs on Linux

From: Suttles, Andrew C. (GRC-DSI0)
Subject: Re: Greek fonts for emacs on Linux
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 13:23:06 -0500

>Micha Borrmann wrote (on Thu, 22 Oct 2009 at 10:53 +0200):
>
> Andrew C. Suttles schrieb:
>
> > You can set the frame font you are using in Emacs with "set-frame-font".  If you
> > are a new user, type "c-h f" and then the name of this function to learn about
> > setting the proper font.
>
> thanks a lot. This was a helpful hint. But today I've forgot, which font
> I was successfully using yesterday

Micha -

create a list of fonts and bind a function to a key so that you can scroll
through them.  I like fixed width fonts for programming, but I read e-mail in
Emacs in other languages, so I need Unicode fonts that work well with those,
also.

1) Use setq to create a list and an index in your .emacs
2) Next, create a function that sets font 'list[index]' using `set-frame-font'
3) Bind your new home-made function to a convenient key combo, and you can
change fonts on the fly

Andrew