Re: Spell checking too slow on Emacs.app

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: Spell checking too slow on Emacs.app
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 18:30:40 -0600

Leo wrote:
On 2009-09-22 14:26 +0100, Matt Lundin wrote:
Is there anyone seeing these problems? Any workaround?
I can confirm these problems. Unfortunately, I don't have a solution.
For the time being, I turn flyspell off when using Emacs.app on OSX.

Best,
Matt

Thank you for this. I haven't had any spell checking enabled since July
2008 when I moved to a non GNU/Linux platform. At the moment I am
writing a long document (my thesis) and spell checking is critical for

Run a `time ispell ...` command from the shell in a terminal window on
your large file and compare the results between your GNU/Linux and OS X
platforms.  If they are comparable, you can then instrument the ispell
functions in Emacs and see where the difference lies.

--
Kevin Rodgers
Denver, Colorado, USA