Re: Turning off antialiasing

From: Oliver Scholz
Subject: Re: Turning off antialiasing
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 19:00:20 +0200

Anselm Helbig <anselm.helbig+news2009@googlemail.com> writes:

>> > That being said, you could also play with your display settings:
>> > enable sub-pixel rendering and cranking up your font hinting results
>> > in less blurry fonts. On my ubuntu box, gnome-appearance-properties
>> > has a font tab where you can change these settings.
>> [...]
>>
>> It seems that my Ubuntu is way, way too old.
>
> Really? And my colleagues poke fun at be because I'm still using
> Hardy. 8-)

Tell them you know someone who still uses Edgy Eft.

No kidding. I know I should upgrade -- if only to avoid being mocked --,
but it'd take half a day until everything is configured again the way it
should, and I dread that boring half day. Somehow, the times when things
like that were still fun are long past.

    Oliver
--
16 Fructidor an 217 de la Révolution