Re: Indenting Emacs Lisp only with tabs?

From: Elena
Subject: Re: Indenting Emacs Lisp only with tabs?
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 08:31:52 -0700 (PDT)

On 2 Set, 15:15, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyba...@Web.DE> wrote:
> Am 02.09.2009 um 16:25 schrieb Elena:
>
> > For a glimpse of indentation with pixel precision, look here (Java
> > plugin required):
>
> >http://nickgravgaard.com/elastictabstops/
>
> Well, I can't see it! My browser shows non-proportional fonts and a
> precision of positioning around ten or more pixels horizontally. At
> least for me, this vast spacing is nothing precise.

Maybe something is not working with your Java plugin.

Well, here, into the applet, this demo code:

struct ipc_perm
{
        key_t   key;
        ushort  uid;    /* owner euid and egid  */
        ushort  gid;    /* group id     */
        ushort  cuid;   /* creator euid and egid        */
        cell-missing            /* for test purposes    */
        ushort  mode;   /* access modes */
        ushort  seq;    /* sequence number      */
};

shows with a proportional font and comments are _perfectly_ aligned.
If you add characters to a variable name, all comments move to the
right to keep themselves _perfectly_ aligned. That would be achievable
in Emacs only with a monospaced font.