Re: p tags and indenting in Html Mode

From: Richard Riley
Subject: Re: p tags and indenting in Html Mode
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 17:31:36 +0200

Lennart Borgman <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> writes:

> On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 2:16 PM, Richard Riley<rileyrgdev@googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> company-mode seems the most promising for general completion of keywords
>> and so forth, but does not have the smart completion for tag specific
>> attributes you have in nxtml I think (I never used that feature to be
>> honest since html tags are pretty limited anyway).
>
> I think you can say that company-mode is akin to completing-read in
> the sense that it present the completion candidates to the user, but
> it does not know how to get the completion candidates. The way
> company-mode presents them looks very nice,

I'm not sure of the context of your meaning there when you say company
does not know how to get completion candidates.

One thing thats excellent is the semantic backend : excellent completion
in C for example including libraries. Things like company-dabbrev make
suitable completion candidates for more general buffers.

company and semantic seem to be the way for completion in emacs from
what I have seen and tried. The water is very muddy though with many
competing methods such as anything, ido and others : I'm really not even
sure where the overlaps in getting completion candidates occurs anymore.