Re: complex data structure in elisp

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: complex data structure in elisp
Date: 25 Aug 2009 14:45:49 GMT

Dirk80 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> sorry for this beginner question. But I'm very interested how you would
> represent the data structure of my example in elisp.
>
> Here my example:
> I want to implement a vocabulary trainer in elisp.

have you looked at elip?

<http://www.gnuvola.org/software/elip/>

may not do what you have in mind, though.

> I have units. A unit is consisting of lessons and lessons are consistng of
> sublessons. One sublesson is consisting of vocabularies. A vocabulary is
> consisting of an audio-file, picture file and a text.

with (require 'cl-macs) you have access to a defstruct.

but if you want to store a lot of such items, perhaps the emacs database is more
useful:

<http://www.gnuvola.org/software/edb/>

--
Joost Kremers                                      joostkremers@yahoo.com