Re: emacs --daemon does not seem to work for me

From: mwnn
Subject: Re: emacs --daemon does not seem to work for me
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2009 09:57:16 +0530

A.Politz wrote:
On Aug 6, 5:46 am, mwnn <mwnn...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
    I am using GNU Emacs 23.1. I start the emacs daemon by executing the
following command:
$ emacs --daemon

Then when i execute the following command:
$ emacsclient -c

An emacs frame appears and goes away in a jiffy!

Can somebody tell me what is the fix for this?

Regards,
mwnn

$ alias emacsclient
$ which emacs ; which emacsclient

If none of those lead you to an answer, try
$ emacs -Q --daemon
I have pinpointed the problem to my .emacs file. Specifically, when the following line is commented emacsclient works without any issues:

'(default ((t (:inherit nil :stipple nil :background "dark slate gray" :foreground "Wheat" :inverse-video nil :box nil :strike-through nil :overline nil :underline nil :slant normal :weight normal :height 96 :width normal :foundry "unknown" :family "DejaVu Sans Mono"))))

The above code is part of "custom-set-faces". Is there something to fix in the code?
and see if that works.

-ap