en word list for aspell under windows

From: sam jesse
Subject: en word list for aspell under windows
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 07:58:56 +1000

Hi
I am getting the following error when M-$ when the  point is at a word which I want to spell check.

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Error: No word lists can be found for the language \"en_US\".")
  signal(error ("Error: No word lists can be found for the language \"en_US\"."))
  error("%s" "Error: No word lists can be found for the language \"en_US\".")
  ispell-init-process()
  ispell-buffer-local-words()
  ispell-accept-buffer-local-defs()
  ispell-word(nil nil nil)
  call-interactively(ispell-word)

any idea how to install an en word list to window xp for my aspell to work?

I downloaded aspell-en-0.51-1.tar.bz2 onto my windows XP but was not able to unzip it, so I installed bzip2-1.0.5-setup.exe in order to unzip it but was not able to use it. I really did not expect all this pain in order to get some words spell checked, so I need some comfort.

thanks