Re: Windows + Eshell: fixing character encoding?

From: Elena
Subject: Re: Windows + Eshell: fixing character encoding?
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 06:39:35 -0700 (PDT)

On 29 Lug, 16:10, Eli Zaretskii <e...@gnu.org> wrote:
> I suspect that the programs you run from Eshell (which programs are
> those, by the way?) produce a Windows codepage encoding, not a Latin-1
> encoding.

I'm running Ant (a console Java program) which spawns NMake
(Microsoft's make utility). BTW, if I run Ant from the Windows command
prompt, accented characters are printed correctly.

> I have a few more questions:
>
>   . What is the value of default-process-coding-system?

default-process-coding-system is a variable defined in `C source
code'.
Its value is
(iso-latin-1-dos . iso-latin-1-unix)

>   . What is the value of locale-coding-system?

locale-coding-system is a variable defined in `C source code'.
Its value is cp1252

>   . Does the problem happens in Emacs invoked as "emacs -Q"?

Yes.